Want to start a career in the healthcare industry but don't have any experience? You are in the right place!
We are looking for mission-driven, aspiring medical professionals that will provide psychiatric medical assistant services to Bowen Center clients in an outpatient setting. This position will travel regularly between Huntington and Wabash.
Some responsibilities include:
- Continue to further education and to remain updated on psychiatric healthcare issues by attending continuing education and training courses.
- Review all outpatient medication storage and administration locations in all counties for monthly pharmacy review requirements.
- Complete and submit billing documents.
- Complete and submit mileage reports.
- Maintain credentials with all applicable managed care contracts by completing the necessary paperwork and returning it on a timely basis.
-->As an agency that works with a vulnerable demographic of individuals, we require extensive pre-employment background checks that aide in fulfilling our mission to protect our patients, keeping them safe from abuse and harm, by hiring quality and trustworthy staff.
->As a State-Of-the-Art Healthcare Organization - we require all individuals who join Team Bowen to receive a flu shot to further protect our staff and the patients we serve. We also adhere to Covid-related protocol including wearing masks, social distancing, sanitizing and daily completion of health form.
High School Diploma or GED required. Medical Assistant Certification or Certified Nursing Assistant Certification.
Pay: $13.50 - $16.00 per hour
The Otis R. Bowen Center for Human Services, Inc., is a private not-for-profit, comprehensive community mental health center licensed by the State of Indiana Division of Mental Health. The Center has been accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) since 1980. Bowen Center earned JCAHO accreditation with commendation for 1994-1997 and again for 1997-2000. The Center provides quality professional mental health services to citizens in northeast Indiana primarily, but not only, in Huntington, Kosciusko, Marshall, Wabash and Whitley counties.
The Bowen Center has a 15-member volunteer Board of Directors consisting of three citizens representing each of the five counties primarily served.
Not Ready to Apply?